o/a Green Mouse Academy
Last Updated: June 1, 2016
We only collect Personal Information through the Services from a child under 13 where that student’s school, school districts, education company, organization and related entity and/or administrator, instructor, teacher and staff school member has agreed (via the terms described in the Terms of Service) to obtain parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose Personal Information to us or where the parent or legal guardian of a child has signed up or been invited to sign up or approve the child to use the Services.
If you are a student under 13, please do not send any Personal Information about yourself to us if your school, school districts, education company, organization and related entity and/or administrator, instructor, teacher and staff school member has not obtained this prior consent from your parent or guardian or if your parent or guardian has not signed you up and given their approval for you to use the Service and please do not send any Personal Information other than what we request from you in connection with the Services.
If we learn we have collected Personal Information from a student under 13 without parental consent being obtained by his or her parent, guardian, school, school districts, education company, organization and related entity and/or administrator, instructor, teacher and staff school member or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a student under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at support (at) greenmouseacademy.com.
- What Information Does Green Mouse Academy Collect?
- Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information, such as your name (or approved username), email address and school affiliation (as provided). If you are a student registrant (i.e., you sign up as a student under the age of 13), the only Children’s Personal Information we require is your parent’s email address so we can initiate a parental consent process, as well as non-personal information such as your screen name and password. Once you are signed up with parental activation, you may also be permitted to input a profile avatar (approved graphic) through the functionality of the Services.
We may anonymize your Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified and provide that information to our partners. The Children’s Personal Information you provide shall only be used for creating your individual account (which will identify you within the user group(s) for which you have been granted an access code (“Limited Access Group”), and for sending you notifications. You may modify or remove your Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information identified below at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and/or account information. Please note that your school and/or district or Education Institution, can view all activity and content associated with your student account, including your Children’s Personal Information.
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we may use such means to communicate with you. For example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of Green Mouse Academy or other businesses (without sharing your Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information), or communicate with you about your use of the Services. In addition, we may receive a confirmation when you open a message from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please do not opt in to such communications or indicate your preference by sending us an email to this effect with your login information to support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com.
- Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people.
You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. Our analytics vendors and advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on pages or ads that appear on the Services. For children or student users of our Services or the sections of our Services for such users, these ads will not contain any behaviorally targeted advertising or track users for such purposes. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website), we only use this data in aggregate form and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Services, so that we can make the Services appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience. We do not disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
III. Will Green Mouse Academy Share Any of the Personal Information OR Children’s Personal Information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information with third parties as described in Section II and in this Section:
- Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
If you are a student/child user, we will not share your Children’s Personal Information in connection with any commercial third party transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Services profile or to automatically transmit information in your Services profile to your third party account. For adult users, we have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide Products or Services to you. Unless we inform you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. We also take steps to ensure that they agree to protect the Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information shared with them.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including without limitation a user name, location and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for Green Mouse Academy’s services.
Your account settings will allow you to limit what Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information (if applicable) in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information (if applicable) or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, forums, messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users may contact or interact with you through messages and comments.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy or go through some other change of control, Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party, if permitted by applicable law.
- Protection of Green Mouse Academy and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Green Mouse Academy, our employees, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information may be shared with third parties in personally identifiable form and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information. In the case of Children’s Personal Information, we will first obtain the prior verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian, or require that the teacher, school or qualified organization to do so.
- Is Personal Information OR Children’s Personal Information Secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account and our Service.
We use industry-standard security techniques to protect the privacy of your account and Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information we hold in our records. While we may provide encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors that may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- What personal information and children’s personal information can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Name and Password
- Email Address
- User Profile Information
- Content uploaded to Account
The information you can view, update and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com.
If you would like to request that Children’s Personal Information regarding your child be updated or deleted (or, if you are a teacher, a child that is in your class) by the Services, or if you wish to request that we discontinue the further collection nor use of Children’s Personal Information, please contact us at support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com.
A minor student’s participation in our Services and the ability of a minor student to access the Services, will not be conditioned on that student providing more Children’s Personal Information than is reasonably necessary for that participation or access. We will respond to a request made pursuant to this section within 5-10 business days of our receipt of such request.
To request removal of your Personal Information or Children’s Personal Information from our public forums, contact us at support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information, which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, if applicable, please submit a written request to: support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com.
- What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features and/or Services.
You may be able to add, update or delete information as explained in Section V. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by sending an email with instructions. Please note that some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information and Children’s Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
VIII. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Policies, please send us a detailed message to support (at) greenmouseacademy (dot) com or Green Mouse Academy, 378 North Palm Beach, Unit #259, North Palm Beach, FL 33408, and we will try to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible.